Monday, June 2, 2008

"Make New Friends But Keep the Old"


Don and Bella hamming it up!
I just love old friends that you can always connect with! Even if it has been months since you talked, it's like you see each other all the time! Your conversations can go straight to the serious stuff! Don and Jackie moved away about a year and a half ago. We have missed them a lot! Saturday night we met them for dinner at Red Seven and then walked around downtown a little bit. It was so great to see them and I love how they always are so great with our kids. Bella didn't know about them at first but thought that Don was great by the end! We love you guys!
laura

oh-- for those of you who live near Lafayette, I would highly recommend that restaurant! Every time that we have been there our food has been great and the atmosphere is really fun (more contemporary than most other places here)-- they also have outdoor dinig which was perfect on Saturday night! lasagna there is my favorite!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So funny...I used to babysit their kiddos all the time growing up- until they moved. I love them, they're so sweet. And I just saw the older girls the other day- we talked forever. I need to call Jackie up and pick the "parenting side" of her brain. Her kids are so sweet! How fun.

Anonymous said...

i would sure second that that restaraunt is great! they've got good lunches too! :)
love the outfit! looks like it worked out.. hope some of the rest of the mj worked too!
love ya,
hallie

Mom to many said...

Great pictures - I WISH I could visit the restaurant. Maybe someday, but I live in SD, so... It's great to see how your adoption in progressing. Here's to waiting, huh?

S & L Gutwein said...

I used to help Jackie clean (not sure how good I actually cleaned for her:)) and babysat for them too while I was in college. They were so fun! Jackie always made time to talk while cleaning!!