Wednesday, December 9, 2009

One Year

December 8, 2008 we were surprised to receive a call from our adoption agency that they had a referral for us (our dossier had been sent off 6/11). Due to concerns about his size and a diagnosis of failure to thrive on his chart in ET they waited a few days to send us the picture. They advised that we have our Int. Adoption Dr. review the medical info. We were emailed this picture of this beautiful child a few days later and now I had a face to put with this child that I had been praying for for about 2 1/2 years .

This is amazing, unbelievable! God is so good! Less than one year later these pictures were taken! Taye is obviously thriving and our family is thriving with this new little one to love!
No more tiny little running steps, on his toes. This kid can fly!




10 comments:

Janell said...

Praise God! I so missed seeing you on Tgiving!! I really wanted to meet Taye. But, I know that he is a blessed little boy and I know that you are blessed to have him. Rejoicing with you.

Gretchen Magruder said...

I loved that sweet face at the House of Hope - - what a beautiful little boy!

emilykate said...

So thankful for that boy! Love you guys!

Jill said...

I think he looks so Ethiopian which means he is BEAUTIFUL!!

He sure has changed, just blossomed. I think of Steven Curtis Chapman's song "When LOve Takes You In."

God's love is beautfilly shown through a family. Praise God for his provision for Taye.

Love ya, Jill

Sara Huber said...

Oh wow, I love that photo of Taye running. What a difference a year makes...that's incredible.

Anonymous said...

What sweet pictures of Taye! I agree...he is definitely thriving with the love of everyone around him!!

Marcelle said...

The photos gave me goosebumps. What a beautiful thing to see God's plan revealed. On another note, had such a fun day Tuesday with you and Suzanne!

Linda said...

I didn't realize that it was Dec 8th, dad's birthday, when you got the call! God is so good and we are so blessed to have Taye in our family!

Becky said...

Wow! He has grown so much since his referral picture. He is such a cutie!

J Gutwein said...

Ahh... beautiful! Love, J